A Level Philosophy (ALP) provides training, webinars and resources and for teachers and students of A Level philosophy and religious studies. We also provide talks and conferences in schools.
- Our INSET days for teachers and our webinars cover material for the AS and A2 level exams in AQA Philosophy, and may also be of interest for those taking the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge Pre-U. You can read what students and teachers have thought of our past events.
- Our events on philosophy of religion and on ethics may also be suitable for students and teachers of AQA, OCR, and Edexcel Religious Studies (please check individual event programmes for details).
- All events are facilitated by Dr Michael Lacewing, who is Vice-Principal Academic, Heythrop College, University of London, and from September 2017, a teacher of Philosophy and Theology at Christ’s Hospital School.
- ALP has developed the UK’s premier on-line collection of resources for A level philosophy, written by Michael Lacewing, which is hosted by the publishers Routledge. ALP continues to host free resources for A level religious studies.
Philosophy for AS and A Level, covering Epistemology and Ethics, is due to be published on 13th June 2017.
Philosophy for A-Level, covering Metaphysics of God and Metaphysics of Mind, is due to be published on 27th June 2017.
* ORDER NOW FOR 20% OFF ONE COPY OR 25% OFF TWO OR MORE COPIES.
The new books cover the new set texts and have new pedagogical features, including illustrations and argument maps. A new companion website will be launched in July 2017, where you can find additional free resources such as handouts, power points, flash cards and reading lists.