A Level Philosophy (ALP) provides training and resources for teachers and students of A Level philosophy and religious studies. We also provide talks and conferences in schools.
- Our INSET days for teachers and conferences for students cover material for the AS and A2 level exams in AQA Philosophy, and may also be of interest for those taking the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge Pre-U.
- Our events on philosophy of religion and on ethics may also be suitable for students and teachers of AQA, OCR, and Edexcel philosophy of religion and ethics (please check individual event programmes for details).
- All events are facilitated by Dr Michael Lacewing, a professional philosopher, who has been working in schools for 13 years. You can read what students and teachers have thought of our past events.
- ALP has developed the UK’s premier on-line collection of resources for A level philosophy, written by Michael Lacewing, which is hosted by the publishers Routledge. ALP continues to host free resources for A level religious studies.
New Specification for 2017 now accredited
- Ofqual has now approved the new AQA specifications for Philosophy AS and A Levels for teaching from September 2017.
- The AS specification, specimen papers and mark schemes are available here
The A Level specification, specimen papers and mark schemes are available here
- Michael Lacewing is writing textbooks for the new specification that will be published by Routledge in April. The new books cover the new set texts and have additional features, including illustrations and argument maps.
- His textbooks for the existing syllabus, Philosophy for AS and Philosophy for A2, have a companion website where you can order the books and find additional resources such as handouts, powerpoints and reading lists.